Instructions to tell mom for initial lactation consultation visit:
– Have baby dressed in easy to remove clothing as he/she will be weighed before and after a feeding
– Extra diapers and baby wipes
– Any and all medications you are currently taking
– Knowledge of how many times your baby has eaten in the past 24 hours
– Have any and all things that you use to feed your baby (i.e. nipple shield, bottle, SNS, syringes, etc.)
– Have your BREAST PUMP setup if you have been using one with all its parts
– Extra Milk. If you have your own extra expressed breast milk, please have it ready.